Chopta Chandrashilla Trek
Chopta Chandrashilla Trek
Duration : 4 Days 3 Nights
The Price : ₹8,500.00
Max People : 100
Start Location: Dehradun
Age Range : 12-60
Total Seats : 50/50
Chopta Chandrashilla trek is located at a height of about 4,000 metres (13,000 ft) above sea level in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. This trek is a breathtaking journey that takes you through pristine forests, tranquil meadows, and picturesque mountain vistas.
Deoria Tal offers a serene escape for nature enthusiasts and trekkers. The picturesque lake, surrounded by verdant meadows and dense forests, provides mirror-like reflections of the majestic Chaukhamba peaks in the early morning. A relatively easy trek from the village of Sari leads to this tranquil haven, making it accessible to all levels of trekkers. Camping by the lake is a popular choice, with campfires under the starry Himalayan sky adding to the charm, and the region’s biodiversity and occasional wildlife sightings further enhance the appeal of this beautiful destination. According to Hindu Mythology, Deoria Tal is believed to be Indra Sarover and it is believed that Dieties used to bathe in this lake.
In the Chopta as you ascend towards the summit, the trail leads to the Tungnath Temple, the highest Shiva temple in the world. At the pinnacle of Chandrashila, you’re rewarded with awe-inspiring panoramic views of the snow-capped Himalayan peaks, including the mighty Nanda Devi, Trisul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpunch and Chaukhamba peaks. This trek not only offers a physical challenge but also a spiritual experience, immersing you in the serene beauty of nature while connecting you with the divinity of the mountains. There are various legends associated with this place. According to one such legend, this is where Lord Rama meditated after defeating the demon-king Ravana. Another legend says that the Lord Moon (Chandra Dev) spent time here in penance. It’s a remarkable adventure that leaves an indelible mark on your soul.
Day 1 - Dehradun - Sari Village (230 km) 6,600 ft.
- Pick up from Dehradun and drive to the Sari Village.
- Enjoy the Dinner
- Overnight stay at Guest House/Homestay.
Day 2 - Sari Village - Deoria Tal (2.5 km/2-3 hrs) 9,100 ft.
- After Breakfast, start your trek to beautiful Deoria Tal at 9,100 ft altitude and it takes around 2-3 hours to reach there.
- You have to pay Rs.200 Forest Fee (That is not include in Package)
- After spent some time there, clicking picture for beautiful memories.
- Descend back to Sari village.
- Overnight stay at Guest House/Home Stay.
Day 3 - Sari village to Chopta 9,400, Chopta to Tungnath & Chandrashilla then descend back to Chopta
- It takes around 1 hour drive to reach Chopta from Sari village.
- Start your trek to Tungnath Temple (Highest Lord Shiva Temple) at 12,000 ft.
- Later Chandrashilla Summit at 13,000 ft.
- After feeling the beauty of the Chandrashilla Summit and capturing some unforgettable memories.
- Descend back to Chopta.
- Overnight stay at Chopta.
Day 4 - Chopta to Dehradun (230 km)
- This is the last day of the trip.
- Pack your bags and have breakfast then drive back to Dehradun.
- All necessary permits and entry fees
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Medicines (If Required)
- Professional Trek Leader, Guide and Supporting staff
- Stay in Guest House/Camp
- Any other personal expenses
- Forest Fees (Green Tax)
Why Book With Us?
- Customers Feedback matters.
- Experienced Trek Leader.
- Friendly Staff.
- We do, what we promise.